Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Knit Sewing : :

I'm late with today's post, but at last I'm beginning to see just how my Quilt Market booth is coming together! Goods I've ordered to decorate, display items, and some of the beautiful things made by willing & kindhearted sewing friends are beginning to arrive! Today I want to share just a few of those lovely things!

When my knit strike offs arrived, right away I sent them off to Caroline Hulse, aka Sew Caroline, clothing maker extraordinaire and fellow AGF Limited Edition Gleeful designer! With just my two little knit samples she whipped up the most adorable Kensington Dress, pattern by Hey June, and a super cute Recess Raglan tee, pattern by See Kate Sew!

Wild & Free Kensington Dress

Recess Raglan

These two were the first knit garments made with my Wild & Free collection, a sight I'll never forget! Once my knit yardage became available, Caroline was so sweet to make a few more pieces that I can't wait to share here after Market. Just check out this tee she recently made herself from the scraps!

Another sweet friend happy to help with a couple of items was Virginia Lindsay, aka pattern & book author Gingercake! She made this incredible Make Your Getaway Duffle in denim, with Honey PE solid details, a large pocket in my Wild & Free Folk Plaid, with Spiceberry lining. I'm in love with it!! To add a little extra color Virginia also added a quick and fun tassle from some leftover Sun Tracks knits for the handle. It's so perfect!!

Make Your Getaway Duffle

Also arriving in today's mail from Virginia is this Wild & Free knit Sally Dress shown here on the most adorable model! This dress is made with my Woven Path knit as the main dress fabric with over-sized Sun Tracks pockets, accessorized with a brilliant headband!

Wild & Free Sally Dress

I was so inspired by these pieces I made a first attempt at garment sewing for an adult, using knits, without a pattern to make this simple tank dress. I have so much to learn, but seeing their beautiful creations encouraged me to try and I'm so glad I did!

A simple tank dress in my Woven Path knit!

Be sure to visit the Gingercake blog to read more about Virginia's Wild & Free sewing! And please keep an eye out to see more of Caroline's Wild & Free garments on her blog after Quilt Market!    Maureen

20 comments:

  1. I love these knits, especially when they are put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so great together! Love the bag too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really excited about the variety of dresses I'll have for my booth. Lot's of pretty combinations!!

      Delete
  3. Love,love, love the baby girl dress! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all great, but your tank dress is calling my name. I think it wants to come live in my closet 😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have all of these talented people making great stuff with your knits! I might wanna make a dress for myself too! Just waiting the fabrics to arrive on some online shops. Where is the knit yardage available?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful designs. I love the photo of the little girl. She looks so cute in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first try with knits looks great, the little girl and her dress are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS: I totally want to recreate the tee SewCaroline made from the scraps!!! And your tank dress too :) Just love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I had grandkids to sew for! These designs are so stinkin' adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a beautiful model........the kids clothes are adorable I want to make this cricket dress I saw today.. waiting for your fabric.. so excited. I have pre ordered yours a KJones..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!